View Single Post
DazedandConfused254

Member Since Jul 2017
333 hugs
given
Default May 06, 2019 at 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonsaiGuy View Post
I try to be very nice, generous, and helpful during all of my waking hours. I usually do this without fail. The reason that I am so consistent with this activity is because not only does it help others, but it helps me most of all. I become thankful, grateful, and even more mindful of my interactions. This serves me and others. However, if the people who I interact this are jerks and don't return the gesture, then I still receive the awesome benefits listed above. It makes me happy beyond measure.

You sound like a really great person. Don't lose heart!

I hope this helps
Thanks for your encouraging reply BG! This is another one of those responses where it seems like it's just what I've been hoping to see. It's great to find someone else who desires to share those same qualities with others. From what you're describing it resembles the psychological benefits of forgiving others, with most of the benefits going to the offended rather than the offender. It's also like another analogy I've heard recently where it's infinitely harder to sustain a tightly clenched fist than it is to let your hand rest normally, which was something that hit home for me as well and seems to go along with the process of respecting others compared to being a jerk. In my own experience which seems highly relatable at times when I've been worried about meeting up with someone who has a position of authority or who's just difficult I've noticed that it's much easier to relax and be respectful rather than closed-off and curt. And it goes to show that compassion and kindness have no bounds. I'll keep this in mind!

Thanks again for making me feel encouraged and happier with myself!

"If you can dream it you can do it!" ~ Walt Disney
DazedandConfused254 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote