Magnate

Member Since Mar 2017
692 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 06, 2019 at 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritytoo View Post
It is very difficult to maintain romantic relationships. I tend to fall for people who are in relationships because I don't have to fully commit. So I always have an excuse to leave. Usually my heart gets broken. It is good to know we can love. The other problem in relationships in general is some of my friends know me one way and other friends know me to be another way. When I was younger I would keep these worlds apart. Now I just avoid all my friends which is not working for me. It's just less anxiety not dealing with people even if we have been friends for over 30 years. And none of them know I am DID. It is exhausting.
I can relate to so much of this. We tend not to have romantic relationships because they are just too darned triggering. We have had some relationships in the past, but lets just say they weren't good ones.
The friend thing, oh my gosh I can relate to this! Different alters have different friends, and when the wrong friends mix with the wrong alters it just doesn't work for anyone! Like you our current solution is to avoid all of them.

Hands down I would say DID most affects my life in the area of personal relationships. This system is just not stable enough to maintain a personal relationship beyond the level of a simple acquaintance. Maybe one day though...
Amyjay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Claritytoo, FearLess47

Thanks for this!
FearLess47