Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
754 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 06, 2019 at 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
If your neighbors hold loud parties, call the police. There should be no noise pretty much after 10pm. It’s pretty much true in every town. Can’t advice re sex. How long does it last? It can’t be more than like what an hour?
They only had the party one time, or at least if they've done it since I wasn't home. The only other issues have been minor by comparison because that party was extreme, and they've never been loud late at night so I just have to deal with it as best I can (which is not very well because yay anxiety).

As for the sex, I can hear them get "playful" so that's when I know it's about to start, but then as soon as I hear the moaning I try to escape as fast as possible. Yesterday when I was forced to stay home while they were doing it and blaring the music, they ended up leaving the house about 5 songs in so ~20ish minutes is how long the moaning part lasted.

Quote:
Someone you knew for for 24 hours online it hardly a friend, you don’t know him at all. He could be anybody and could have 100 personal reasons to block you.
I wish I could accept that reasoning and use that to help cope. All I can focus on right now though is how in my eyes our interaction was one of the best I had ever had for a first impression, so I can't fathom what his reasoning was when it seemingly went so well and he had even said it was great. In a society where first impressions are everything and I normally make bad ones it's just so demotivating stacked with all this other stuff. If one of my best first impressions with so much in common still ended up in a loss, how am I ever going to make friends or find a mate?

Quote:
The one who promised to play but then said he couldn’t, it’s frustrating but how well do you know him? Are these people online only gamers you play with? You can’t really know what they up to outside of gaming. They might have something going on or issues or who knows
I don't know him super well, but good enough I would have considered him a good friend. They are all online only, but it's not restricted to just gaming, we have talks about actual life things too which is why I felt so close to this one in the first place. We even discussed meeting IRL because he's only 5-6 hours away and it's very unusual for me to not just agree but bring up meeting someone like that. We've been through a lot of the same things and overall mesh well, it's just the way he handles prioritizing people he basically hates over things he'd rather do just because they pressure him... Ugh.

Do you see a therapist? I think it could help a lot[/QUOTE]

I don't because I can't afford it. For now I just rely on trying to work through things myself, but sometimes it requires talking to others but since I have no one... Well that's what this place is for.