View Single Post
DechanDawa
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 06, 2019 at 01:37 PM

I wrote my narcissistic friend an email explaining why I thought it best we did not have any email contact. I didn't say No Contact forever...but I did say no emails because she constantly uses email as a tool of manipulation.

Of course...there has been no reply to my email even though I asked her opinion on this matter. This is the typical, classic narcissistic "discard" - when they go completely silent.

This is her typical behavior...which I had come to expect as "normal" - telling myself, "Oh, she isn't replying because she got busy all of a sudden."

I never saw it for what it is...manipulation. This silence can last for days, weeks, or months.

Well, hopefully this is the final discard. When she hoovers back around in the future...I won't be lured back in. I will remain strong.

It will be hard, guys. You know, narcissists know how to "push buttons" and appeal to our deepest desires.

But I will remain strong. Today, however, I feel empty and scooped out. That's how a narcissist leaves their victims...completely deflated. And confused.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40643, Anonymous43949, Anonymous48672, Bill3, JadedEmpath, MickeyCheeky, Mopey

Thanks for this!
Bill3, MickeyCheeky