Thread: Strange dream
View Single Post
Lilfae

Member Since May 2018
143 hugs
given
Default May 06, 2019 at 03:37 PM

I don't know much about interpreting dreams, but I believe they're mostly just a jumble of things that's on your mind, conciously or not. Things you fear, things you worry about, all mixed up with bits and pieces of things you've seen, heard, smelled, felt etc. The different parts of your dream might not have anything to do with each other. Just different things you're scared of or anxious about. Being afraid that you're not good enough at your job is fairly normal, I would think. I have dreams about that quite a lot, even though I'm fairly confident that I am good at it. And the fear of doing mistakes, messing up, having people gt angry with you. I have also had dreams where I have abused, or been close to abuse someone sexually. It's uncomfortable as hell to dream things like that, but I don't think it means you would do it in real life, or want to do it, or almost do it. But I also have a lot of compulsive thoughts like "what if I did that" or "what if I said that", thinking if I did it, I could never face those people again. When my kids were infants I had a lot of compulsive thoughts about hurting them, which totally freaked me out. I KNOW I would never have done it, but the thought that I could have, physically, if I wanted, and they wouldn't be able to do ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to protect themselves, was so scary. But I think it had to do with me not really trusting anyone, myself included, not trusting human beings in general. Thinking the world would have been a better place without us etc.

I don't know if this made any sense to you.. Just a few thoughts from a tired brain ;-)
Lilfae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote