Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
2,609 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 06, 2019 at 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha2019 View Post
Thank you, Crypts_Of_The_Mind, for explaining why this thread didn't get the feedback that I needed.

I have spoken to counselors before, but, basically, it is up to the individual to figure out what and how to do get of the depressive state. At least, that has been my experience. Yes, you are allowed to talk, but no useful suggestions are given. I was hoping that others who are experiencing the same would offer some suggestions.

But, every person's experience is unique, I understand that. I was just hoping that someone out in the world had somewhat similar experiences.
You're welcome ❤

I think many of us who are depressed feel we are alone. Not all if us have had the financial aspect of it you speak of. Most of my family , in fact, would accuse me of being a beggar even tho I only ask for help once every several years - maybe - and only if I am.about to be homeless or in one case needed help getting out of an abusive relationship.. all (except the most recent) were denied. So .. we can relate in some ways, not in others.

I can tell you though that one thing that will help - evaluate your interpersonal relationships.. all of them (friendship, family, co-worker, etc) .. decide which ones are healthy and which ones are unhealthy. Then look at the unhealthy ones and figure out which ones you need to (and are able to) totally sever - and do so. The others - look at one by one and decide what changes (or what limits) need to be made to make them healthy. Understand you cannot change others. So whatever changes you make need to be in expectations of the relationship and/or limitations regarding contact.

I hope that helps. ❤