View Single Post
DechanDawa
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 07, 2019 at 09:05 AM

Whatever you can do for yourself...please do it...however small. I go to the library regularly. I read a lot. Probably too much. I soak in a hot tub and read my one favorite magazine. I consider it mental health care.

But I need to do more.

Most people don't understand severe depression. When you say depression...they think of something mild. But in your case the stress...the prolonged stress...is causing severe depression.

And there is no way to fight inertia but with movement. We have not only a physiological but a psychological need to move. Depression causes a frozen state of being. No one could understand it unless they have experienced it. For me it feels like I am drugged...but I am not. My limbs feel heavy, my actual blood feels like it is running slowly. Sometimes I think I am dying. For a few months now I have had terrible bronchitis. I haven't gone to the doctor. I think it is partially allergy induced bronchial asthma...but I also think...it's a depression illness. Like my whole immune system is compromised.

Dear friend, let's both try to move around more. Do any small self-care thing. I eat really well. I cannot imagine the state I would be in if I didn't.

As for a schedule...I do a reverse schedule. That means I write down all my activities as I go along. That way I can check and see how long I have been online (always too long) how much I sleep...how often I go out etc. I only do a reverse schedule when I am really depressed. It gives me a picture of what is going on...because without some accounting...I would drift and drift...which I already kind of do.

Best of luck. I am happy you are active on PC. People care about you here. Really and truly.

Are you the only one making decisions about this man's care? And is there no way the VA can be more helpful. I don't know why I am saying this. My brother is a veteran...has lived with severe PTSD his whole life and the VA has never done a darn thing for him. Nada. Zip. Nothing.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Crypts_Of_The_Mind, MickeyCheeky, Rose76

Thanks for this!
Crypts_Of_The_Mind, MickeyCheeky, Rose76