View Single Post
Iloivar

Member Since Sep 2018
2 hugs
given
Default May 07, 2019 at 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyedgrunt84 View Post
I recently hit the front my head pretty hard. I have now done myself the wonderful favor of looking up the link between acquired sociopathy/psychopathy and head injury and it’s sort of keeping me awake. I mean I haven’t really had any violent thoughts or impulses since the injury, I still think I love my parents, my cat, my nieces, no one in my family has a history of serious criminal behavior that could potentially be amplified by this but I was recently diagnosed with GAD which may what this is really about. I guess I just needed to say this out loud someplace to get some advice or reassurance. I’m going to message my online counselor about this soon and try to find an in person counselor as well. I frequently worry that I am or will become a bad person.
Don't think you've become a psychopath/sociopath. Expressing concern over being a bad person imo seems to be a solid indicator, and that same concern makes you less likely to become a bad person.

Im not a proffesional though, no harm in messaging your online counselor. Unless you have to end up paying..
Iloivar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
annoyedgrunt84