View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default May 07, 2019 at 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by still_crazy View Post
have you ever tried low to moderate doses of older drugs?
Navane (thiothixene) - I was on low-moderate doses of Thiothixene. That was helpful in combination with Geodon and moodstabilizers. It was side effect friendly until maybe 10 mg. Then I had what my psychiatrist thought was a dystonia reaction. It was very brief, but concerning. I was lowered to 5 mg after that with no side effects. One issue was that some pharmacies near me didn't have the 5 mg pills. I had to travel a couple towns over to find it. 5 mg was not quite enough.

Trilafon (perphenazine) - I took a moderate dose of 12 mg of perphenazine at one point. It worked GREAT! I think I might have even been able to go off of my other antipsychotic, and just take the perphenazine with my moodstabilizers. The only side effect I had was quick weight gain, so I panicked. I have heard some people say they didn't gain weight on it.

The only other 1st generation I received was Haldol, but as another wrote, it was only as an emergency injection when psychotic. It worked for that, but I was not kept on it. I've read it's comparatively weight friendly. Obviously the risk for EPS with Haldol and other 1st generations is sometimes higher than for 2nd generations.

My pdoc wanted to put me on Moban (molindone) at one point, but discovered that they stopped making it altogether.

Last edited by Anonymous46341; May 07, 2019 at 11:13 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
still_crazy

Thanks for this!
still_crazy