Thread: Prozac, anyone?
View Single Post
Tryingtobehappy5

Member Since Sep 2017
776 hugs
given
Default May 07, 2019 at 04:09 PM

I havent taken Prozac but my Pdoc was planning to put me on it as well if I didnt improve. I went too far down and off my meds and into the alcohol and ended up IP in a diff. hospital for a month before she could though. But she said she has had great results with it and she has a lot of experience with Bipolar pts. I am thinking of going back to her soon and will possibly see if she still thinks I should try it as Im still on the depressed end of things after being back on meds for 5wks.

As always everyone reacts to different meds differently anyways. I had horrendous experiences with mirtazapine and especially citalopram(had SI and HI) while my dad takes citalopram for his and it is great for him.

I think the more important part is probably the meds that keep the AD effects under control though. I wasnt on any mood stabilizer or AP with those meds and I went super manic on Wellbutrin alone but tolerate it well when Im on other meds.

Its great that you recognize the possibility of the lift you feel being from doing something to improve. That happens to me all the time and yet every time Im like "Im all better!" Haha the pdoc this time was like ya but we will still keep you until that is sustained and sure enough a couple days later I was right back at the bottom and Im still not doing that great weeks later.

I really hope this med works out for you!

Meds:
Depakote
Welbutrin
Abilify

I didn't want any flowers, I only wanted
to lie with my hands turned up and be
utterly empty. How free it is,
you have no idea how free.
- Sylvia Plath
Tryingtobehappy5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
still_crazy