View Single Post
FearLess47

Member Since Apr 2019
267 hugs
given
Default May 08, 2019 at 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
This is primarily a question for those who consider themselves integrated -- could you possibly explain the difference between integration and co-consciousness?

My system is extremely covert (I guess that's the term) in that it is designed to appear invisible -- even to me. I very rarely completely lose time, and all of my Parts respond to the same legal name & will tell you they are "my" age if addressed by the outside world. We all use "I" and "me" in dialogue -- I only use "we" online and am really just starting to use it in therapy, but with great trepidation. Speaking about "my system" at all is really difficult -- as I said, there are Parts that do not want me to know about it DEFINITELY do not want me talking about it...and denial of it all is a HUGE part of it for me...

What exactly even is integration? Do you stop having a billion arguments and conversations internally (and, ok, sometimes out loud)? Could I possibly actually already be considered integrated given that I'm basically always co-conscious?

This is definitely that "am I just making this up" part coming back up again...
toomanycats,
Thank you for posting this question. I have been wondering this exact same thing and will be interested to hear other's feedback. From what I understand, there is a large continuum of how this presents for each individual. I have only just recently started saying some of these words out loud and it is a very weird feeling. In fact, my T asked me to reframe that yesterday and instead of "weird" to think of it as "clever."

FearLess47