Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 08, 2019 at 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
This is primarily a question for those who consider themselves integrated -- could you possibly explain the difference between integration and co-consciousness?

My system is extremely covert (I guess that's the term) in that it is designed to appear invisible -- even to me. I very rarely completely lose time, and all of my Parts respond to the same legal name & will tell you they are "my" age if addressed by the outside world. We all use "I" and "me" in dialogue -- I only use "we" online and am really just starting to use it in therapy, but with great trepidation. Speaking about "my system" at all is really difficult -- as I said, there are Parts that do not want me to know about it DEFINITELY do not want me talking about it...and denial of it all is a HUGE part of it for me...

What exactly even is integration? Do you stop having a billion arguments and conversations internally (and, ok, sometimes out loud)? Could I possibly actually already be considered integrated given that I'm basically always co-conscious?

This is definitely that "am I just making this up" part coming back up again...
first main question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
This is primarily a question for those who consider themselves integrated -- could you possibly explain the difference between integration and co-consciousness?
the simple explanation is that related to DID integration is the normal brain process of taking whats stored in the unconscious "storage tanks" called alternate personalities and combining it with the conscious "storage tanks" (your normal way of being) theres a lot of physical and mental stuff involved with this that you can read in my integration thread here ...

Integration

being co conscious is when people with DID are aware that their unconscious "storage tanks" (alternate personalities) exist, times when they are aware that they are functioning on / as these alternate personalities. Sharing some of what is going on when their alters are in control, hearing their alters...

your post kind of confuses me because according to your post you have DID and you dont have DID. you have co consciousness and you dont have co consciousness, you have integration but you dont have integration

let me show you what I mean...

you say your parts are invisible to you (no co consciousness) but yet you posted things you know about your alters. (consciousness)

DID is a dissociative disorder where there is memory loss (time loss) but you say you dont have memory loss/ time loss and you know what is going on with your parts.

question....Are you by any chance doing IFS (Internal Family Systems) therapy with your therapist....... this is a therapy approach that is for everyone whether they have a mental disorder or not, some people with dID can use this approach others cant because the type of parts are different, and its on the idea that everyone has parts that are kinds of separate but yet not. the parts associated with this kind of therapy are a bit different than those with DID type parts. in this therapy approach a person doesnt lose time, is aware that they have different parts of their self, basically everything that you posted about.

if you are your post would make more sense to me because in this therapy approach yes a person can be both co conscious of their parts and not lose time and integrating at the same time.

my suggestion is talk with your therapist, they will explain to you whats going on in your body based on what and how your system is set up, your diagnosis and treatment plans. they will be able to explain to you whether what you are going through is co consciousness or integration or both.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
FearLess47