Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 08, 2019 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjay View Post
"Do you know that the World Health Organization is adding complex ptsd to the ICD-11 and are functionally removing BPD. Release date May 2019 and in effect 2020. Huge progress for trauma recovery field." ~ Dr. Arielle Schwartz

We need to treat borderline personality disorder for what it really is – a response to trauma

I posted this in the BPD forum earlier but want to post it here as well as it pertains to another thread (but I didn't want to derail that one).
Im a bit confused here. was this the link you meant to post. reason I ask is because this link is a magazine / blog not to the WHO ICD -11 updates.

I dont see in the article anything about the ICD having removed borderline personality disorder.

but I did do a google search and discovered that its still going to be there just in a different way.

heres a link directly to the ICD 11.

ICD-11

you can see whats in the ICD 11. click on the browser option.

that will open a 2 sided page. on the left is the list and on the right is the descriptions.

type in personality disorder a list shows up of the new name for all the personality disorders (mild, moderate, severe, severe unspecified, ...)

when you click on mild and look at the last diagnostic it says borderline pattern.

when you look at moderate t he last one says borderline pattern

when you look at the severe the last one is borderline pattern.

in other words borderline personality disorder is still in the ICD 11 its just mixed in with all the personality disorders and the personality disorder category is on a severity scale instead of labeling each personality disorder separately

Also here in America it will not change anything. here the personality disorders and dissociative disorders will continue to remain separate and their own labeling for quite some time the next updating for America is not for another 8-10 years. we are on the DSM 5. for diagnostics.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote