885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 08, 2019 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevatedsoul View Post
But im not making any choices....

I cant make it stop...

And it seems im about to be on the street because no one believes me...
I know sometimes people cant with borderline. what Im saying is the two are different.

theres other accompanying symptoms with dissociative compartmentalization and dissociative detachment

example you keep posting about how much pain you are in and how you cant stand to be the way you are, and posting about not being able to function.

the dissociative kind makes it so that there is no pain, there is no fighting with emotions and moods, and makes it so that a person can continue functioning just like normal people do.

if you reread your posts you will see what I mean by willfully and making choices and behaviors. those things dont apply with this kind of thing....

heres a good example....

the dissociative kind requires dissociative symptoms (feeling numb, lack of emotions,)

I have the dissociative problem of detachment. that means that when hard things happen I dont feel it, I dont experience the anger, the pain the stress, I go numb and just watch whats going on and go about my day as if nothing is wrong because I dont feel anything. its like the problem has nothing to do with me. I could be having the worst parenting or work day and someone ask me how are you and my reply is great I got so much done today even when this happened with my child I was just fine and handled it with out losing my cool, with out getting stressed out or anything. having a great day here.

I have comparmtnalizing problems where something so horrific happened at work that it triggered me into feeling numb detached and that memory was just gone for 3 years. I had no emotions stress or pain over not remembering it because I didnt remember the problem even happened at all. I just went about my day getting things done, went about my week, went about my years just like normal because I had absolutely no memory that the trauma happened it was dissociatively compartmentalized.

it wasnt until three years later when something similar but less traumatic happened that the compartmentalizing was "gone" and I remembered.

after the compartmentalizing was "gone" yea I felt it in all kinds of ways but while the dissociative compartmentalizing was going on I had absolutely no feelings or stress or trauma about it.

the kind that comes with borderline isnt like this. your treatment provider can explain to you why you are in so much distress over not having your memories and why you cant seem to function and so on and how its different than dissociation.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote