View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default May 09, 2019 at 02:09 PM

I wrote an article on a part of this topic a while back. If anyone is interested, it's at Why Jails And Prisons Shouldn’t Be Mental Asylums – Bird Flight

Anyway, I visited my dad today. He's currently in a psych ward. The place was lousy, in my opinion. The nurse said he'll be there through the weekend, but that may turn out to be fewer than seven days. My dad said he's only sleeping, eating, or getting vitals taken. I asked the nurse if my dad is seeing a psychiatrist daily and she said "yes", but my dad doesn't recall doing so. I told the nurse to encourage him to attend therapy groups and that if my dad doesn't, it may be a partial waste. I think it will be a waste. He had the chance to be in a good psych hospital and he blew it. Now he's in the same crap joint my nephew was prematurely released from on a measly 500 mg Lithium. Fewer than seven days later my nephew died by suicide. Believe me when I say I kept my cool there, but now I'm not.

My dad told me he wishes he could have a visiting nurse service. I will have to ask my sister if that's any kind of possibility.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Sometimes psychotic, still_crazy

Thanks for this!
Jedi67, still_crazy