View Single Post
fern46
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 09, 2019 at 06:54 PM

38 years old, Nov 2018. First episode. Hospitalized for psychosis. Diagnosed as bipolar. Started on Risperdal 2mg

Saw new psychiatrist at IOP, diagnosed as bipolar with psychotic features. Dropped Risperdal down to 1mg and placed on 20mg Geodon

March 2019 - started private visits with psychiatrist. Dropped Risperdal to .5mg. Kept Geodon at 20mg

April 2019 - Dropped Risperdal to .25mg. Geodon at 20mg. I was told I may not be bipolar and potentially suffer from delusional disorder

May 2019 - Taken off Risperdal. Geodon 20mg. Told there is little evidence to support my bipolar diagnosis. Diagnosed with 'brief reactive psychosis' and told we need to wait longer to see if any other symptoms occur.

I've never experienced clinical depression and I've only ever had the one episode. It was mixed and complete with delusional thought, racing thoughts, psychosis, disorganized speech, anger and rage. My doctors don't really quite know what to make of it all yet, so it is a waiting game. My mother was diagnosed as bipolar after a psychotic episode, but she has never been depressed either. She has been stable for 15 years since her episode. I dont know what to think anymore. If it isn't bipolar, what caused my extreme break with reality?
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, wildflowerchild25