View Single Post
BubonicPlague
Veteran Member

Member Since Nov 2013
351 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Confused May 09, 2019 at 08:27 PM

I just see so many college students and how young they are starting as soon as they're out of high school. It makes me feel embarrassed that at 22 I figured out that I want to be a Radiology Tech then continue school to become a Diagnostic Neuro Radiologist. I'm applying for spring semester next year soon. But it makes me feel ashamed for starting late. Maybe it has to do with my mom bringing down so much shame on me as a kid. It literally took me 4 years of recovery from my abusive parents to even get to making a decision to want to do College. Everyone was putting pressure on me to do it back then, but I just felt like I wasn't ready. Now my family doesn't believe in me that I can do it, and they don't even support it. However, I'm not going to let them drag me down just because I'm the scapegoat and black sheep of the family, and neither my mom or my adoptive father have ever gone to college. So perhaps they're projecting their own shame onto me?

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076