View Single Post
FearLess47

Member Since Apr 2019
267 hugs
given
Default May 09, 2019 at 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2010 View Post
I practice "Grounding" with my Therapist.

I believe all my traumas are not suppressed. They are so real to me, I remember all of them. In my case what I need is to let them go. Acceptance is my goal.
When something triggers me, I need to remember to be present, to be grounded.

This article explains so much better than I can at the moment. I am in a phase where just try to put one though with another seems impossible. It is something call chemo - brain. Goes and come back. It is what it is, I accepted it. Then I make the decision to participate in your post even though I am having chemo - brain.

How does someone with automatic survival skills of dissociation learn to do this? Grounding is one skill that can help.[[/I]

Source: Staying Present During Trauma Therapy: Grounding Techniques | Dr. Kathleen Young: Treating Trauma in Tucson
@hope2010... Seeing you here made me eyes leak a little bit. With joy.

Thank you for challenging the chemo brain and sharing these awesome articles!! This, too, makes so much sense.

I think what is being revealed to me recently is just how crappy my therapy experiences have been in the past. I am so incredibly grateful to have a qualified and compassionate "team" of professionals helping me now...and to have made connections with you guys.

FearLess47

Hugs from:
hope2010

Thanks for this!
hope2010