Rive1976
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
144 hugs
given
Default May 10, 2019 at 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2.0 View Post
Didn't you see this therapist years ago, so she knows you, and wasn't she involved in discussions with your other therapist recently? So the reality is that this "three sessions" in isn't really that she's only seen you for 3 sessions and otherwise had no contact with you. She's your former therapist IIRC and has been involved in your previous treatment with the therapist who is going on leave. It seems to me that she knows you quite well.

I also think that if you're not interested in any kind of change, there's nothing wrong with that. But is no change helping you progress in your life? It's quite possible to integrate alters without losing your ability to keep yourself safe. In fact, it's quite possible to improve your ability to be self protective in perhaps more "mature" ways and do some integration at the same time. I don't buy your logic but then again, I have no interest in what you do with your therapy. I would just point out that I remember many of the things you've posted in the past months, and it wasn't even that long ago you were insisting you didn't have DID and your last therapist didn't know what she was doing either. And now you're taking the position that you don't want your DID to change.

In your past therapy, you also repeatedly refused to follow suggestions your other therapist would make. Same reactions to your postings (by other posters) as in this one-- your therapist is crazy, she doesn't know what she's doing, etc. You are very talented in portraying your therapists as nincompoops.

With your last therapist, you would agree to try her approach, and it would help you make progress and accept a certain understanding of your life. It seemed to me that you made enormous progress away from a very painful place. Given the past history, I think it makes sense to at least consider trying what your therapist recommends. It's worked in the past, big time. The emphasis is on "try", see what happens. I think you are always afraid of change. Not sure that serves you, and perhaps exploring your reasons in therapy would be useful.

I'm not interested in telling you that you have to do therapy a certain way. I'm also not interested in arguing with you or making you feel bad about whatever choice you do make. I'd just encourage you to not make any decisions that foreclose possibilities, and discuss your concerns with your therapist. As you've said, this is your only option for right now. Either make good use of the therapy or don't, and perhaps try not to fall through the same trap door over and over. Good luck.
She doesnt remember me. Only remembers I took some kind of test that she doesnt even have anymore.
Rive1976 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127