View Single Post
Claritytoo
Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2011
11 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 10, 2019 at 06:10 PM

For me every thing I ever said , done, felt and thought was in a slot Like a postal box. It was all available and one of us was assigned to manage it. He would get memories and pass them on to who ever was out. So if I ran into someone who knew a part of me and they referenced something this part and them had done, Inbetween would find the slot take out the memory and give it to the part that was out. That worked most of the time as long as I didn't continue the conversation for too long. If I needed to continue the conversation the original part involved would need to step up. Most times that worked. My life was divided up according to our parts. I had parts that had jobs. Parts that played sport, Protector parts. angry parts little parts and so on. I did not know I was DID until I was in my late forties early fifties. I had never heard the word Dissociation and knew nothing about it. I started seeing a therapist because I thought I was going insane. I didn't know that my thinking was that different from others. That was one of the most difficult things I had to accept. I began to think I was going insane because my system was tired and didn't want to keep up the effort to look "normal". I started having massive panic attacks that caused me to consider suicide. I didn't want to die I just wanted the confusion and overwhelming emotional pain to stop. So I started seeing a therapist. I spent many years learning and trying to understand what DID was for me. I am still learning. The last few years I was a wreck. I barely survived. At present I am doing better. I don't know if I will ever be able to live as if I am not DID as I did in the past. I am certain we don't see the reason to do that anymore. Just get to know everyone, accept everyone for who and why they are part of us. One important thing I havent said. My therapist explained that all parts were created by us to protect us in some way. That helped me to understand us better and each one of us were able to understand each other in a better light.
Claritytoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote