View Single Post
FearLess47

Member Since Apr 2019
267 hugs
given
Default May 10, 2019 at 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Banana View Post
Thanks so much,seriously.I was so afraid to share my thoughts and feelings about it and now I'm glad I did.
Betty B...I am so glad that you have so bravely shared this. My first thought was that it is vital for YOU to get help first...to sort out some of these things and fully vent/purge out the effect it has on you. No holding back. It's exhausting to be a caregiver in any capacity for a partner and even more exhausting if the caregiver also struggles with their own challenges.

Trees is right on point. Some of this might be "outside of his control" due to the brain changes. This still does not excuse his behavior OR dismiss how you feel as a result of it.

We want you to stay alive and be as safe and happy and protected as possible. You really can't change him right now (or ever) and with brain injury it could get worse or better. That is a lot of unknowns. I recall your post about situational depression. OF COURSE you've been(even more) depressed as a result.

Do your ceremony. Rally some battle buddies. Create some forcefields of protection around you. There will be times when mistreatment might roll off your back, and other times when it might cause you to explode. Let it. You are not wrong or bad or responsible for everything.

Please continue to share.

FearLess47

Hugs from:
Betty_Banana

Thanks for this!
Betty_Banana