Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 11, 2019 at 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
I am contacting another therapist to switch.

This one specializes in PTSD and Dissociative Disorders and uses these techniques

Attachment-based
Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
Expressive Arts
Family Systems
Gestalt
Person-Centered
Psychodynamic
Sandplay
Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
Trauma Focused

Wish me luck please.
Question do you know what SFBT is and how to do it...

this is a therapy where you and the therapist will be setting up a treatment plan where it may seem like your therapist is pushing you very hard and does not go into past issues. it keeps you focused on finding solutions for the problems you are having today and teaches you to think not in a way where you expect others to tell you what to do. the therapist is going to have you questioning and answering for your beliefs, problems and going way beyond what you can find online or in books and movies.

here is an example ....

Therapist.... Hi amanda on a scale of 1-10 how are you feeling today?

Amanda.... Hi T.Im feeling about a 3 right now.

T...............What makes it a 3 instead of say a 4 or 5?

Amanda ....This happened this morning and that happened this morning, this person did this and this is going on in my head and...

T.............If a Miracle happened tonight while you were sleeping and those problems were not there what would your life look like?

Amanda .... what would my life be like if all this wasnt happennig?

T... yes if something happened during the night while you were sleeping that solved all these problems what would your life look like?

Amanda..... it would look like a 10 on the scale

T... what does a 10 look like to you?

Amanda.........it looks like..........

T...... ok in order to remove these problems while you are sleeping what would this miracle need to include?

the interview questions continue until you find your own solutions to your problems. it forced you to think not in terms of theres one right answer and to focus on what your own present life is like and what you need to solve those problems. leads you into being in control of your own healing, whether you heal from your problems is all in your own hands.

it does not focus on a specific mental disorder, getting diagnosis's and learning about various mental disorders. and it does not focus on looking at the past, your alters and all that.

its all focused on finding out what your problems are today in your life and finding solutions for those problems in your day to day life. it is very structured, kind of feels almost like you did in school when a teacher caught you not paying attention and threw a question your way. the questions are asked in a way that you can not formulate answers ahead of time and because they are answers about you and your own life its not something you can find in books and on the internet.

its actually a really good therapy technique that my own therapists and I have used in my life. it takes some getting used to and most people I tell about it online think my therapist is doing things wrong, is weird, strange, doesnt know anything...because this therapy approach is so different than the typical therapy stuff,

this therapy actually moves you along into healing faster because its all focused on finding solutions rather than delving into the past. no one tells you what to do, how to do it nor what your problems are called. so their opinions are not getting in the way of who and how you do things.

by the way yes this works for healing from all mental disorders. a person doesnt have to know all their alters and all their traumas to do this kind of therapy. you just go in and the therapist asks you questions and you answer based on your scales that you and your therapist set up about you, you answer the questions as they relate to you and the questions keep coming until you figure out what you want to do about your problem.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127