Magnate

Member Since Oct 2018
7 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 11, 2019 at 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxieDoxie View Post
He said a very endearing kind thing to me as he knows my husbands surgery is on Monday. He said I did not need to be in crisis to call him and to please use him as a support resource and to call him if I need to just connect. That amazes me.
I have been caretaker to my sister and now to my husband. It is physically and emotionally draining. Utilize your therapist because like they say in the airplanes, you need to put on your oxygen mask first before you put one on another person.

My therapist was a vital source of support. Sometimes it was just an extra phone call. Sometimes it was an extra session. He often called me directly when he knew something in particular was going on like my husband being in the ICU. But he was always available. At one point, my therapist's office was literally across the hospital parking lot, and he came over during his lunch hour and sat with my husband while I ran to get some lunch and run an errand.

I'm fortunate now; our children are grown and I can ask them to help with their Dad. They can take a shift in the hospital so I can go home and take a shower, or they can just come sit at home so I can go to the grocery store or rehearsal. Do you have other people you can call on for that kind of physical relief on occasion? It doesn't even have to be family. Maybe friends or his or your coworkers? Church members? Even an hour can make a great difference.

Take the moments you find for yourself. So sorry you are dealing with this. There is very little harder.
ArtleyWilkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, Taylor27

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, Taylor27