Thread: No safe place?
View Single Post
Angie84

Member Since Jan 2019
1 hugs
given
Default May 11, 2019 at 02:31 PM

Looking for help/advice. I have a diagnosis of Complex PTSD, however this is not a well known condition in the health board I'm in, intact it's not even in the book that psychiatrists and psychologists use for diagnosis. My psychologist and psychiatrist have been working with me for just over a year and we have been working on 'phase 1' of the recovery process of being stable and be in a place of safety both mentally and physically. Despite the efforts made, I continue to have suicidal thought and have had several close calls. Now they have given up on phase 1 so we're moving onto 'phase 2' looking at the traumatic events and trying to reprocess them. I am currently an inpatient in a psychiatric hospital, but it's only for 1 week for respite. I had my first trauma session yesterday, and all we did was a timeline of my life to see how far back it went and where it peaked and dipped etc. This has affected me more than I thought it would and I'm really struggling, despite talking to the staff on the ward. I even cut myself tonight, they gave me my car keys and knew how I was feeling, but I still got them so hospital isn't a safe place, and my home situation is complicated with constant triggers so I'm not safe there either.
Angie84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41006, Fuzzybear, HD7970GHZ, LifelongLoner, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
LifelongLoner