View Single Post
aimlesshiker

Member Since May 2018
58 hugs
given
Default May 11, 2019 at 10:23 PM

Hey, everyone.

Earlier this year I broke off from a 2.5 year relationship. For much of that time I really don’t know if I was even that attracted to my ex but kept thinking that “things will work out.” But he was depressed, I have anxiety, it was not a good mix. Plus, I he was not my type, physically, and I’ve been struggling with the fact that I basically forced myself to try to love someone for sooo longgg.

Anyways, in the time leading up to our breakup I was so ready to be single. To meet new people, date around (I’ve only ever dated two people in my entire life), you know?

And then just last week I met someone that I now have a crush on, but it’s complicated because I don’t know if the feeling is mutual, we met at a conference and live across the country from each other... he indicated he wanted go to a concert with me (more specifically, a concert where I live), but I’m not sure if I should interpret it as flirting. But since I’ve been out of the dating game for years, so who knows? I keep regretting not flirting more with him, but at the same time it might not be worth pursuing since he’s so far away :/.

I’m also worried that I fell for him too hard because my last relationship was so... unfulfilling, unsatisfying, and honestly depressing. During that time I got depressed, I forgot how to enjoy life. Being around someone who made me feel like myself was a huge mood booster, even if it was only for a few days. But I’m trying to be realistic. As I mentioned I was excited about being single and I want to take advantage of it and not just suddenly commit myself to this guy.

Anyways, I’m just feeling lonely and confused. I keep bugging my friends about this so I figured I’d come to PC for some support instead . I know a lot of this it just being patient but damn, it’s hard!!

I’m trying to keep this Steinbeck quote my friend shared with me:

“And don’t worry about losing. If it is right, it happens—The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away.”
aimlesshiker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky