Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2012
1,429 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 12, 2019 at 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Except that i dont mean just ts. Like octoberful, i am talking about life in general. The difference between you and sarah is that you are functioning in life in general, with a career and friends and hobbies. Idk. Ok. Im out.
Yes, hit and run. Don't stay around to elaborate on your ideas or to (try to) defend them against contrary ideas. Don't "fight" -- that's the general approach that therapists, mostly people who seem to be conflict-avoidant, too, are pushing on the general public these days. And therapists are our society's "experts" in human relationships, so. . .

That's the general approach on PC, too, which I respect for the most part.

But conflict is a part of human life and relationships, and just avoiding doesn't seem to me that healthy, certainly not in the long term. Sarah pointed out one positive factor, to her, about the therapist:

Quote:
The only thing that might be a bit of relieving is that I can freely show how much I dislike her. I tell her she isnīt supportive and she doesnīt seem to like me either.
I never had a successful therapy, perhaps because I never found, and didn't know to begin with that I needed, a therapist who could tolerate conflict with me.

So, Sarah, if you're still reading the comments on here, maybe that is ONE thing positive enough about the therapist to continue -- if she is willing to continue, since she said she doesn't know why you were referred? Maybe it could be something like SalingerEsme suggested:

Quote:
My psychodynamic T disconcerted me at first, but over time we've developed our own private language . She should be mirroring you, and building trust with you now.
Maybe accepting conflict with you could be a form of building trust? Or maybe not, I don't know.
here today is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote