Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2012
129 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 12, 2019 at 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleblackdog View Post

I am ready to do what I need to do, but as I have said, I can't do it on my own which is why I am looking into therapy. I know that this is my fault, but I am doing everything I can. I have tried SO hard over the last few years but clearly that isn't good enough
I don't see any of this as about fault and I don't think you need to beat yourself up about where you are. For me, feeling as you do would be more motivation to try to make this work with a person who may be your only option. I think if you consider that there is often a period in the beginning of therapy where you can start learning how to talk about yourself and what you need, I think you can take some pressure off the situation. For me, I would keep going for awhile to see if this can turn into something more helpful for me.

I've had three long term therapists and one shorter term therapist, and it wasn't until months into each where I realized it was either good or not so good for me. I think it can take time. I'd encourage you to keep trying because losing an hour of your time for a few weeks or a few of those english pounds doesn't seem to be a big cost.
Anne2.0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote