View Single Post
Foreign_Soul
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2012
218 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 12, 2019 at 09:49 AM

Yes, same guy. We've been through a lot- finding out my son is autistic, I have my final appointment this week to find out if I fit the criteria for autism (there's absolutely no doubt I am, but as a woman there's a chance I won't fit in the diagnostic box), and later in the year partner is going to get an assessment for himself too. We're also pretty sure he has alexithymia as he's always struggled with emotions.

Partner has never received an actual invitation! Friend's response yesterday, when partner asked if he hadn't been given one because they don't want me there, was that he's been meaning to hand it to partner but because we've been working through things I wasn't invited. Which really sounds like they never wanted me there at all because why would you not give him the choice? Why would you not give an invite with "plus one" before the RSVP date, or just ask outright, unless you were actively excluding a person? Because every other person has received their invite.

I have told partner that this is 100% breaking point for me. If he won't say anything I don't want to keep trying, but I don't think just saying something is enough anymore. If any of my friends did this I wouldn't hesitate to tell them that either we're both able and welcome to attend, or I wouldn't be there.

But then, is asking him not to go crossing a line?

I'm so bloody confused by the whole thing!

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky