Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2012
218 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 12, 2019 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
As far as you not being invited to this wedding, that is probably due to your partner's friend not knowing if your partnership is solid and not wanting to include you because they simply don't know if you are going to stay in a relationship with their friend or not. Also, this friend probably doesn't know that your partner tends to be dependent on you when you are together. People often are not really aware of the true dynamics of a relationship. In this case these "friends" are just trying to figure out how to do a wedding and probably don't know the etiquette. While you are back together, that could change and they don't really know YOU that well and are just trying to include him as a friend.
The thing is, we've been together for almost 7yrs now, with the exception of a few months break recently, while still living together and raising a child (my son calls him dad). And even if they are unsure, why would you not actually give an invite with a plus one or just ask?
Literally every other person has received their invite and I know this friend has our address, they asked for it last year. Both the bride and groom are also in very high level jobs so attention to detail is a huge thing for them- this is not something that would be an oversight with them. It also seems very convenient that they booked and paid for partners accommodation and only told him after the fact and STILL haven't given him an actual invitation. He literally does not know where it will be or what time anything is happening, just the date and the town.

I know I suck at understanding people, but it all just seems to convenient for this to be just a misunderstanding. Partner is going to tell his friend tomorrow that he actually wants me there, but I'm not sure that'll make any difference.
I really do hope I'm just over analysing everything, but there's just so much that doesn't fit.

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076, MickeyCheeky, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky