Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2012
218 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 12, 2019 at 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
You keep focusing on his friends. Who knows what’s their agenda. Could be that your partner shares with them too much like telling them bad things about you and that’s why they don’t want you there. I’d not blame them as they owe you nothing. I’d focus on him. He is in the wrong by not addressing it

Do you depend on him? Is he a good partner overall?
In the past his communication difficulties have been a very big problem- he still misunderstands things I say, and vice versa, and he used to try and talk through things with other, now ex, friends.
When partner posted about it earlier this year those friends showed their true colours and abused us both, and partner has since cut ties with a lot of them as a result.
The abuse from one of them in particular has been so bad that my psychologist has been doing EMDR therapy with me over it.
That ex-friend has also convinced a lot of other ex-friends that I've stopped partner from seeing them and they won't believe him when he tells them I've actually pushed him to contact them.
So it's really hard not to think about his friends because I don't want partner to lose anyone else, even if it is because he stands up for me.

Besides our ridiculously frustrating communication issues he's great! It's taken us a long time but we're finally figuring out what we're both able to do and how (we also suspect he has ADHD as he struggles to do things without constant reminders due to getting distracted), and things have been steadily improving between us.

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky