View Single Post
Betty_Banana
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
314 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 12, 2019 at 06:52 PM

What exactly do you mean when you say his counselor and psychiatrist "allow" him to use his PTSD as a reason to not do things he doesn't feel like doing?Are they telling him it's ok,are they telling him he shouldn't be doing anything?I don't get how they allow him.

You said he sees them sporadically,have you thought about telling him he needs to be in treatment on a regular basis until he can get his PTSD managed and make some forward progress before your marriage is ended because of it?I don't like giving ultimatums but maybe something like that might be needed?

I have times when I don't really do anything because of my PTSD,times I have to take time to do a absolutely nothing when my symptoms are in high gear.But once I start feeling better I'm back to usual routines.If he's like that all the time he clearly needs to be in treatment regularly.Could it be that his PTSD is really bad and hes really struggling with symptoms? Maybe he does feel so bad that he's not capable of doing anything.Or do you think he's just using the PTSD as an excuse but really isn't symptomatic?

PTSD is really hard to deal with and even worse if it's untreated PTSD.I hope things change for the both of you.
Betty_Banana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote