View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 12, 2019 at 10:00 PM

Can we please stop doing this. It's super upsetting to me to see other people refer to someone they know as a "depressive" or a borderline or identifying them AS their disorder. They and we are people who have a health condition. Please do not identify me by my disorder.

I find it really upsetting that others here do this and would just request that we all think before we refer to anyone AS their disorder. Even if it's someone we dislike. There are people here with all kinds of disorders and referring to someone AS their disorder like it's an insult or derogatory thing and not just a condition they have really makes me feel bad about myself, and I think it may have that affect on others too, although I will only speak for myself.

My disorder is not a punchline or an insult.

Thank you.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...

Hugs from:
Anonymous41006, Anonymous44076, Anonymous46341, Fuzzybear, Lilfae, Open Eyes, possum220, sadveiledbride