View Single Post
Anonymous55879

Default May 13, 2019 at 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Banana View Post
He still doesn't get why taking all the money out of the bank upset me but I decided to just let it go for now.I know it's not a good idea for him to be going around with that much cash on him but it's not worth arguing over right now.I'm gonna wait a few more days then say something like hey,maybe we should go deposit that money,what if this or that happened,then we would be broke and up a **** creek.Give him time to get over whatever his reasoning is for carrying it with him.

We've had a good day together so far though. I feel compassion for him rather than anger or resentment.It might be different tomorrow but just for today I'm ok.

Thanks again.
Betty, I am sorry about what you are going through.

Do you have your own bank account. If you do not, I recommend getting some money together and opening one. When I was on disability, a bank was offering a $300 bonus if you opened an account and had your direct deposit go there. It is good to have an account in your own name with some emergency savings, especially when your partner is unable to handle money.

You are a good person for having so much compassion for your husband and it is a shame he is not being cooperative about getting help. It is a tragedy when people "go crazy" and an even greater tragedy when they don't see it. I am sorry it turned out like this. I do recommend therapy for you to figure out something you can do in life to go on and give you joy. It could be something you do for yourself while staying with him or it is understandable if you eventually need to leave. Just take it one day at a time trying to balance what you logically need with what your heart tells you you must do. It is tough when our family is not well. Hugs.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Betty_Banana