View Single Post
toomanycats
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2017
542 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 13, 2019 at 07:25 AM

There's a difference between lying & alts having different truths.

For instance, one alt can be furious at someone even when you, yourself, feel no anger at all. It's not that that part is lying...it's just got a completely different truth, and you can't FEEL it, because it's not your truth. "I" (my body) might literally go through angry motions like stomping feet, etc., but without "me" internally FEELING the anger. (Someone feels it...I just can't ,because the barrier is too high.)

Other times, I might literally feel an alt's feelings/"truth" even though it doesn't line up with my own feelings/truth. For example, I might feel literal emotional & physical pain & start crying when a little part is upset even when I, myself am not actually "feeling" the same way -- but I physically do feel their emotions/feelings in that time even while not mentally connecting with those emotions/feelings (they aren't "mine," but I can feel them). I think some people call that blending.

It's kind of like different levels of co-consciousness I guess. The barriers aren't as high/thick with the "blending." And, it's not a hard-and-fast rule with specific parts - like, sometimes the barriers ARE high & thick with the little parts (I've experienced the body weeping in agony but "I" myself not feeling the things being expressed as I am pushed so far back & the barriers are too thick). And, sometimes, the barriers are lower with 13 & I can feel her feelings physically & emotionally even though they aren't mine.

None of it is lying -- but I can totally see how it might come across as a lie when the barriers are really thick like that.
toomanycats is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
FearLess47, MickeyCheeky, Rive1976