Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,712 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 13, 2019 at 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabeth406 View Post
It's interesting you brought this up because not long ago I came across a forum about this. What people were describing is something I've done since I was a kid, but I never realized it was a condition. When I was little, and as a teenager, I made up vivid continual stories in my mind, where I was one of the main characters. I still do it sometimes, especially when I'm really stressed. It's kind of like tuning into a favorite television show, or better yet, taking part in an alternate life that's more enjoyable. Is that what it's like for you?

Personally speaking, I don't think of it as an issue, at least as long as it's not having a negative impact. There were times when I'd become so immersed that a couple hours would go by, like dissociation. But in my opinion it's also the sign of a very creative mind. I once kept a diary, so to speak, of this ongoing story. Essentially it was told by the person I was in my imagination. I guess some would find that weird, but I enjoyed it.
I done this myself. I still do it. I begin when i was a toddler and people around me thought I had something mentally wrong with me. I did it out of boredom and loneliness.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Rose76