View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 13, 2019 at 09:40 AM

Unfortunately seesaw, a lot of people struggle with understanding boundaries. Few people understand mental health challenges too, and for those of us that suffer from a mental health challenge, often it's hard to even understand our own mental health challenge. I noticed that you made it a point to include your personal challenge so that anytime you post people can see these challenges. Perhaps some people think you need to be identified by the challenges you listed?

I suffer from complex ptsd myself and what I have learned about it is that one of the reasons I developed this challenge is due to having my boundaries invaded, and that goes way back for me. It goes so far back for me that I did not even KNOW what boundaries even meant. I wish I could be able to say that I suffer from complex ptsd and have that actually respected. Unfortunately, a large percentage of people don't really KNOW anything about this challenge and they tend to say all the wrong things that keep saying to me that I should and just and forget proving to me they simply don't know how to respect my challenge AT ALL.

Maybe you might reduce this challenge if you remove it from what comes up when you post something? You are right, you do struggle with those challenges, but you are still a person who is more than just that list you have that outlines your challenges. If a person wants to know my personal mental health challenge they can look that up on my profile page. I try to post just as "me" though, even though I do definitely suffer from a mental health challenge. What I learned from this site is that I can look up someone's challenge and read about it and try to respect what that person's challenge means when I post in their thread. Sometimes I am helpful and sometimes not. I try to understand and respect as I would like to be respected myself. I am never going to be perfect, I try to do my best and continue to learn.

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
Lilfae