View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 13, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Thanks all for your thoughts. I am sticking it out for the time being. The weekend before this recent weekend recharged me enough to make it through last week.

I had hoped we’d be seeing more improvements by now, but the highly touted improvements that have been issued have been mainly cosmetic and don’t address problems like data not saving or constant error messages.

I am not sure how this week will go. This last weekend was not relaxing at all. We’re dealing with a sick cat that needed a second surgery and buying and then returning some things for the new house that didn’t work out, so I’m already tired of this crap at 12:30 on Monday.

Today we’ve been told there are more things we can’t do because we are making the system unstable (as if it’s somehow our fault). On Friday our boss flipped out, sending an irritated email about how poor her, she had to spend 3 hours in a meeting about fixing the system. It was so annoying, I mean, that’s her damn job. That is why she makes more money than us. It’s the least she can do considering she’s been out so much. Even people that supported her in the past seem to think she’s losing the plot.

They are giving us a 4-day weekend from the 18th to the 21st. The 21st is a holiday but the company is giving the 20th off as well, so that is something to look forward to. Additionally, a friend of mine in another country is planning a trip here next month, so I will take some days then, which could help.

Oh, and another potential positive is that they just announced they are looking for a researcher in another area of the content team. I have to deal with the people in that area frequently and have a really good working relationship with them. The content is probably a bit boring, but at this point I don’t much care, it’s more about getting away from my boss and the “mean girls”, which would definitely help my state of mind. I am going to ask HR about salary and if I can still telecommute before deciding if I should apply.
---------------
Blanche - unfortuntely I really don't think my respiratory system can take Santiago any more, especially the upcoming winter season when the air quality gets worse, and telecommuting opportunites are few and far between. I do plan to apply to some jobs in the wineries in this area, which is the main industry. I need to sit down and work on my resume. I just keep putting it off because I am stressed and tired.
rechu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672

Thanks for this!
luvyrself