View Single Post
bpforever1
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 13, 2019 at 01:38 PM

Social isolation for me is not a problem. The problem is when I don't have any support from anybody. I am blessed to have a family although they are extremely dysfunctional. Sometimes having somebody near by and supporting you emotionally and mentally is a lifesaver. I am not lonely but don't have any friends. I did not choose my situation but because I keep becoming psychotic every few years, it has been hard to make friends. Thus, this time I'm receiving shots and am hoping I will not become psychotic for awhile. I don't really need friends who expect me to accommodate them anyways. I see friendship as a two-way street and realize I don't have anything to offer and don't want to be bothered. However, I need my family. My family, especially my mother, has been my anchor and has always helped me through my difficult times. Ironically, she is also ill but does not want to take any medication for her ups and downs. I guess what I'm trying to say is that loneliness is what you make of it. I am isolated too socially. But, I choose to be this way and am happy. I had acquaintances and even was married once. But, in retrospect, I was not happy with my relationships with these people. I am better off alone and am not lonely. I work occasionally and sometimes talk to others. But, I don't see these type of work-related situations as social events. I think I'm a true loner. I'm healthy otherwise physically. I walk when time permits and try to keep physically active. I don't see social isolation as a killer but as a choice. It is a choice I enjoy because I feel really comfortable just doing things on my own when I want. Thus, loneliness is not as bad as you think.
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky