Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 13, 2019 at 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
They are thoughts. Yes, the thoughts said that. They also say things like I think I killed Irene (which I know no one named that) Hi Pippa, go to bed. Timmy, after dinner clouds, dumpster diving. All kinds of nonsense.
question have you googled these things you are hearing. example "I think I killed Irene" is both a tv and movie references and also a song lyric. Pippa is both a childrens show and also the name of a famous person that is mentioned on the news, in online documentaries, tv shows and other things too, After dinner clouds is also from movie and tve and musical resources, dumpster diving is a popular topic that is mentioned in tv, music and news and in general what lots of people talk about.

my point it that sometimes when I am hearing things its not related to any mental disorders. its just my brain replaying things I have heard. like when you hear a song and then part of that song just plays. theres actually a term for this. lots of normal names for this... echolalia, earworm,

suggestion if I remember right your treatment providers have asked you to write down when this is happening and what is going on in your life when it is happening. so my suggestion is to do that, write down when you hear these things and then give them to your treatment provider. they will tell you what they are and how to stop them

another suggestion sometimes chewing gum, getting a drink of water, or doing something physical like taking a walk or rowing my canoe around the lake stops these for me.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Betty_Banana, MickeyCheeky