View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,275 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 14, 2019 at 12:01 AM

I want to say it's not important at all, I hate this place, don't need any of you, and I can get along just fine...except that would not be true.

I got through periods of enjoying time on PC and actively avoiding coming here. I've been here for 5 years and seen many iterations of chat and activity on the forums. I met two of my best friends here, that I talk to privately daily. So even though I find myself less active than in the past, I made two very important to me connections here. And there are also other friends who are important to me who are no longer very active but we chat privately. So for me PC is a split game. I find some things very challenging and frustrating, and I also find it unbearable at times. But I have also had the pleasure of meeting some people I connect very strongly with. For that I am very grateful.

When I came to PC I was in a very bad crisis. And the people here at the time helped me get through it. I think PC has more of a purpose for you when you are in crisis versus when you've gotten to a more "high-functioning" place, but that's just been my experience. But that also could be a skewed view.

I keep coming back, even when I block it from my phone and laptop for weeks at a time so...it must have some importance for me, lol.

Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
cptsdwhoa, eskielover, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
cptsdwhoa, eskielover, Fuzzybear