Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 14, 2019 at 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGX View Post
Only 2 places I know of. One is a Pokemon Go group. I tried that shortly after I moved here a couple years ago, but the few people my age were extremely immature like kids and I couldn't stand hearing them talk about "lolol buttholes" and "lawl that person is soooo hawt". The couple of older people just really intimidated me so I never was able to make conversation unless they made it first. Ugh.

The other place is a little gaming shop that advertises they do gaming meetups, but it terrifies me to even consider going there because of how it looks hella shady. Shouldn't judge a book by its cover, I know, but my social anxiety doesn't let me function as it is so there's no way I would be able to manage that.

As for internet friendships being boring, I've never found that to be the case for me. In your case your hobbies require meeting someone IRL to do them, but not in my case since gaming can be done online (and most of it is nowadays). I only function a little bit socially there because of lack of faces and if someone annoys me or is mean to me I can just block them and move on with my life.

I could solely pursue my new interests online but don't want to. I don't think I have social anxiety but...it becomes a habit hanging out in solitude. And it does take some discipline to go out and do things alone.

But apartment living is boring. No yard and no garden. I don't have pets. I really need to get out.

Meetups, groups and things...are always an experiment. Sometimes they work out...sometimes they don't. But you never know unless you try.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote