Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
754 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 14, 2019 at 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdadd View Post
My S/O was aware that I considered myself asexual two years prior to asking me out, and I reminded them after we started dating.
This would have been a very important tidbit to note right off the bat, heh. I almost wanted to ask if that was the case, but didn't want to offend if it wasn't. Since that is the case, you may gain some comfort from talking to those who are asexual as well: The Asexual Visibility and Education Network | asexuality.org
They have forums you can post on.

I'm on the spectrum of asexuality myself, being what is called demisexual (means the closer I am emotionally to someone the more I'm into them in a sexual way). I also have a friend who is struggling with his asexuality and has gone through hell because people can't accept it, so I know how frustrating and difficult it can be not wanting what everyone else seems obsessed with. If your partner is truly ok with this part of you like he claims, then you've got yourself a winner. From what I read in your latest posts here it sounds like a perfectly fine relationship for an asexual couple.

(Also I'm sorry for assuming your partner was female when I first replied to you, it's just the default so I didn't even think twice about it since it wasn't specified.)

Thanks for this!
Iloivar, mattdadd