View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 14, 2019 at 08:00 AM

I understand your feelings about the noise. Before my husband and I moved to a detached house at the end of March, we were renting a duplex with a shared wall. We never heard the people having sex, at least, but they were otherwise really loud and annoying. The guy would run an electric saw and hammer nearly every day, sometimes 7-8 hours a day. He'd constantly drill the shared wall. Since we have moved, the neighors on the other side told me that he is now sawing sometimes until 11 PM! They also would leave their dog alone in the yard for hours and he'd howl constantly. There was a lot of other noise on that street too. He was violating noise laws, but he's really scary and we feared retaliation if we called the authorities.

Some people don't understand why it bothered me so much, but I really felt my personal space invaded. I couldn't think straight at times. It was especially bad since I work from home. It not only affected my concentration, but could make it hard to make phone calls for work. The house was small so it was impossible to escape the noise completely.

The day I turned in the keys was a very happy one! We live in a much quieter neighborhood now and the neighbors seem to be much more respectful.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote