Molinit
Grand Member

Member Since Nov 2015
89 hugs
given
Default May 14, 2019 at 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macd123 View Post
Yeah I’m just getting really old and haven’t any success in keeping people in my life - haven’t really tried much either (my fault....). I dealt with drugs and then social anxiety - it’s been a long road with not much progress. People jump on me for lack of effort - guess they’re right but it doesn’t alleviate the situation... anyway I’ve been living in regretville recently.... it’s really horrible and always paralyzes me... can’t really get things going when I’m drowning in the past...... well okay then and thanks....oh yeah I know aloneness is not good for your health..... oh well
I think you do put in effort, but with an inappropriate age group. You talk about being "really old" but in the past I've seen you specifically seeking out friendships and/or relationships with people decades younger than you.

You are not setting yourself up for a long-term friend by choosing that age group. The next time you're in a coffee shop, try to have a chat with someone in your age group and see what happens. Look on meetup.com in your area for a meetup that involves something interesting to you, like travel.

Pursuing women in the age group you are currently targeting is only going to result in further lack of success in a long-term friendship or relationship.
Molinit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Middlemarcher