View Single Post
Anonymous52333

Default May 14, 2019 at 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by here today View Post
I’m going to try to move a discussion here to avoid de-railing another thread. From that discussion:

I don’t know that I am a generally belligerent person, but I can be – especially when I thought I had permission – even encouragement – to try to get in touch with my feelings, to be myself and express my emotions, as best I could, in therapy.

Over and over again, when that belligerent “person”/part/alter/emotion showed up in therapy, therapists couldn’t handle it. I learned something about myself with each try and each therapy/therapist failure. But got additionally damaged with each try, too. I'm not going to try another therapist -- that would be foolish. The profession couldn't protect me from their incompetence and "bad apples", and I lacked the ability to protect myself.

To be angry at that situation, as now appears to be reality to me, seems justifiable and reasonable. Yet still debilitating, because there is nothing that I can do about it.
Are you really angry, or are you feeling hurt or betrayed? It sounds like you didn't receive the acceptance you were hoping to find, and that would make me feel all kinds of emotions. Anger seems to be the easiest go-to when we feel the need to protect ourselves. In the circumstances you describe, I could totally understand feeling like you need to protect yourself.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote