View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default May 14, 2019 at 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
At this point I’d not continue with school. I’d take a year off school. Student loans have to be paid back so if you can’t get more loans you likely already borrowed more than 50k?
You can always return to school later. It’s just my opinion of course

If you don’t go to school you’ll be asked to start paying loans back but you can ask for deferment.

I don’t know where you live but there are usually government jobs available for various agencies. These jobs are often in states capitals. Sometimes you might need to move within your state.

Last summer my daughter was applying for government jobs and there were several that required no experience and no college degree but since she did have graduate degree she was offered higher salary. She ended up hired by that states environmental agency, her salary was decent. She had great benefits but job was very boring. Anyways she didn’t stay in the area so she left that job and moved for personal reasons. But there was a lot of job offers on indeed.com. That’s where she found several offers. But I understand your area might have no government jobs.

But I’ll check indeed.com. Have you used that site?

Also is there career center at your college? Could they help with ideas? Other vocational agencies? .
I think I need to be clear about a few things:
  • I don't need ANYONE'S opinion about my graduate school choice
  • What I need is advice on how to get a job despite bad job references due to job hopping and choosing the wrong kinds of jobs
  • I am not interested in being criticized or judged for my choices so if you don't have anything practical to offer me, please don't respond to my thread

I am NOT going to apply for government jobs. Period. No more needs to be said about that. I already did the temp agency registration thing too. I have taken literally all the steps one can take, in my situation.

Maybe instead of tearing me down for where I'm at, try to offer practical advice instead.