View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default May 14, 2019 at 10:28 PM

Just remembered a study that you folks may find interesting. I did not read this one myself...a friend told me about it. The researchers found a significant number of men who were deemed 10s in the looks department who had dated women who were 6s. Did the relationships last? No. But not for the reason we might suppose. The men said they had no problem dating an interesting and fun 6 but apparently the 6s felt very uncomfortable....with situations like people meeting the men and assuming the woman was a relative or colleague rather than a significant other because most people assume a 10 will never date a 6. The women grew increasingly embarrassed by this and ended the relationships with the 10s.

I should say I don't number people like that but you get the point....was a way for researchers to quantify and compare levels of physical attractiveness.

Interesting, right? Overall, I think people do tend to partner with someone similar to them...looks, intelligence, beliefs etc. But of course there are always exceptions....I have dated people who were very different from me. And I know others who have too.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
mattdadd