Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 15, 2019 at 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
If you went or are going no contact with her this should include social media. Otherwise she will always occupy space in your head and she will know what you are up to. Is there any other reason why you would still stay friends on social media? I ask because a few months ago my son broke up with his GF and she was still sending nasty texts so he blocked her. I asked him why he didnt block her on social media and he said it was because she technically hadnt harassed him via social media yet but in hindsight he realizes he was just too curious about what she was up to and also wanted to put up a good "front" to show her he was moving on with his life. He knew she was reading his stuff and he was reading her stuff so it was sort of a passive way to satisfy his curiosity. He also felt like blocking her on social media was very "final". He has since blocked her but it took him a few months to realize it was for the best.

There are no "shoulds" or right or wrong ways to do NO CONTACT. Some people do it gradually. My son broke up with his girlfriend and didn't delete her or her family from Facebook for months...for the simple reason he rarely went on Facebook. In fact I think he just closed his account as he hated Facebook anyway.

I am not going on Facebook looking up this person's timeline for the simple reason she rarely posts. As I said before on this thread...I don't post personal stuff. I post about issues I am interested in. I don't care whether or not she reads my stuff.

I really don't think people understand narcissism and detaching from the narcissist. If it was a simple as No Contact...it would be a no brainer.

The way people are describing it...they are describing more drama. Do this. Do that. Don't do this. Don't do that.

As well, you are not even posting here about your personal experience but about someone else's experience.