View Single Post
littleblackdog

Member Since Jan 2017
11 hugs
given
Default May 15, 2019 at 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrademoomoo View Post
Low cost therapy is expensive for those on low incomes. "A few of those English pounds" (you mean British pounds, but nevermind pesky politico-ecomomic facts) is a mischaracterisation of the significant barrier which cost presents for many people.
Thank you. It may be just "a few pounds" for some people, but even at low cost she still charges £50 per session and I simply don't have a spare couple of hundred pounds a month - especially not if it is going to end up making me feel worse.

I have emailed her and explained my concerns (we agreed that I was going to think about whether I wanted to continue and email her to let her know) so I will see what she says.
I have just heard from the centre that she is the only therapist who offers lower rates and has any availability so she is pretty much my only option.

I have had bad experiences with taking therapy in the past. I have no support system, and nobody else I can talk to (apart from my GP) and so I am really reluctant to set myself up to fail again as I know that it will just send me spiralling
Possible trigger:
littleblackdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Mopey, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
comrademoomoo, Mopey