View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile May 15, 2019 at 01:21 PM

I don't know as there is much I can offer with regard to this other than to say that, as you've probably heard dozens of times, thoughts are just thoughts. We all have them. The difference between a person who has OCD & a person who does not is, to my mind, that the person who does not simply is able to let unwanted thoughts go. But a person who has OCD cannot. Here's a link to an article, from PC's archives, that touches upon this perspective:

%post_title

I also believe that the amount of sex-related information & violence we're bombarded with everyday from every direction means that we're exposed to this sort of thing constantly... in TV programs, in the news, etc. I'm an older person myself. And, back when I was young, there was no internet. And TV programs, movies etc. were much more tightly censored. So one just wasn't exposed to all of the sex-related content we're exposed to today. And, as a result, thoughts of the sort you're struggling with came up less frequently if at all.

So I guess what I would like to suggest is that in spite of the thoughts you had, you're not a monster. You're simply struggling with the effects of having OCD to begin with, along with the impact all of the sex-related content has on all of us day-in & day-out as a result of living in the modern world. My best wishes to you.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076

Thanks for this!
GSC2019